Electrical Contractors in Guildford | What to Look for in a Commercial Electrician
Electricity is something that most of us take for granted on a daily basis. It powers our computers, charges our smartphones and provides light, warmth and even hot water. However, it is always important to remember that it can also be incredibly dangerous. That is why electrical work, such as fuse board rewires or installing lighting and alarm systems, should only ever be carried out by a professional, qualified electrician. But, with so many options to choose from in the Guildford area, how do you know which is the right electrical company for your individual needs?
Did you know that, when choosing a domestic or commercial electrician, 7 out of 10 customers across the UK rely solely on word of mouth?
While this is a decent strategy, it does not guarantee that the company in question has the qualifications and training to back up their claims of customer satisfaction. Whether for fuse board rewires in residential properties or lighting installations in commercial premises, electrical work should always comply with the minimum safety requirements, determined by Part P of the Building Regulations.
G&R Electrical is a proud member of Checkatrade and has NICEIC accreditation. So, whatever plans you have for your property in Guildford, your project is in the very safest hands with us.
Here are some of the many reasons why you should only ever hire registered electrical contractors like us:
• When undertaking certain electrical work in the UK, it is a legal obligation to have registration with a government-approved scheme, such as NICEIC. Even if it is not a legal requirement, you should always hire a registered electrical company to guarantee the very highest standards of safety and workmanship
• From fuse board rewires to installing AV systems around Guildford, our commercial electricians ensure that our work always complies with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989, as well as the British Standard BS 7671
• Registered electrical contractors have successfully met the very strictest qualification requirements and must still undergo frequent assessment. Their scheme provider carries out these assessments to ensure that they continue to match the required standards to undertake electrical work, such as fuse board rewires and alarm installations
• Any registered electrical company in the Guildford area will have comprehensive insurance for the work they undertake. Do you plan to renovate an entire block of flats? Maybe you simply want new security lights installed on your property. Whatever the project, G&R Electrical provides public liability insurance cover up to the value of £5m, for your protection and peace of mind
• An accredited domestic or commercial electrician will regularly work alongside the local building control inspectors in your area. This cooperation ensures that the work they perform complies with the current Building Regulations
Whether you’re a landlord, business owner or property developer in Guildford, don’t ever be afraid to ask to see an electrical company’s credentials and qualifications. Registered electrical contractors should always carry proof of their membership with a government-approved scheme, and will happily produce it upon request. If they refuse, they may have lied about their qualifications.
While hiring an unregistered contractor may well be cheaper, shoddy workmanship could end up costing you more in the long run. It may also put you, your employees or tenants at risk of harm.
Always choose a registered professional to guarantee the job is done well on the first attempt.